Sunday, May 24, 2009

She finally walked!!

Catie took her first steps tonight! It is 4 days before her second birthday and we are blessed with steps. Barrie and I we getting her into her pj's tonight and both sat down with her to say our family prayer. Catie slid down Barrie's lap and started to reach for me. He guided her towards me and she took 2 steps - without help- to me. I picked her up kissed her and she said "walk". So I put her down and she walked 3 steps to Barrie. So for about 10 minutes she kept walking between the 2 of us. She was so proud of herself (not as proud as we are :) ). Everytime she get to one of us, she would say "walk" and turn around and start to go the other way. So amazing. It is making her 2 yr birthday that much older now that she is starting to walk. Barrie and I decided to practice this walk between every night till she is doing it all the time and everywhere. Yaaaaaaa Catie!!!

4 comments:

Abigail said...

That is awesome! We're so excited for you Catie!

beth said...

How exciting! What a fun milestone!!

Cara and Gerriss said...

YAY! That is great!

Rebecca said...

Wahoo! That is awesome! I am so happy and excited for you guys. Can you believe she is 2? They grow up so fast.