Saturday, September 6, 2008

Poor Miss Cate

Little Miss Cate has had such a hard last few days. First she has been battling a cold for the last 2 weeks. She started daycare this past Wednesday which they said she did really well except for constantly taking off her glasses. Then that evening/early Thursday morning, she was vomiting, had a low grade fever. The vomiting stopped by late morning, but the fever continued till Friday. Barrie and I took her to the doctors, thinking they will send us home, saying she has a cold. Well to my surprise, she has bilateral ear infections. Poor peanut. She never tugged at her ears or made any kind fussy like they hurt her. We get home, with antibiotics in tow. After pj's were one, she guzzled the 6ml down like it was going out of style. When she opened her mouth, we realized that along with all this that has been going on, she has also cut a new tooth - one of the top front teeth. Amazing. Cate has gone through so much in her little life and has hardly, if any, made a complaint. Makes me take a look at myself and be thankful for my trials. I need to take her example and be happy with life more than complain about it.

4 comments:

Cara and Gerriss said...

Yay! A new tooth! I hope she feels better soon. :)

Emlyn said...

If it's that nummy bubblegum antibiotic flavor, I'm not surprised she's guzzling...

Anna said...

Poor Cate. We miss you guys...

Brand797 said...

oh poor sweet girl! Ear infections are not my favorite at all! I sure hope she's doing better now.