Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Day 1 - John comes home :)

Check Spelling
Sorry for the delay in my post. We brought John home yesterday at 12 noon. Can I tell you how nice it was to come home and for the most part stay home, especially in the evening when we would usually run to the 8pm feeding, spend an hour with him, go pick up Cate then get her home and in bed at a late hour. 2 wks of that was enough. Catie was so excited to have him home. She was constantly wanting to hold him. She loved getting his diapers and wipes when we needed them and then throwing the diapers in the "barbage". Bed time was interesting. Cate was in bed by her usual time 730pm. She fell asleep. Well, John has decided that 8-11 will be his fussy time. It was in the hospital, why not at home. Cate ended up waking up, crying because he was crying. So everyone was up until 1030/11pm. John ate until 1045, rocked with Barrie for 15 minutes and was out. Catie was up singing in her bed until after 11 sometime.
Once everyone was asleep, it was great. I set my alarm for 3, thinking Jon would wake up at 2 for his normal hospital feeding. Nope. I had to wake him up at 3. He ate and fell back to sleep. I set my alarm for 7 thinking ok, he will wake me up at 6 for his next 3 hour feeding. The alarm went off, and he was still asleep. I fell back to sleep for an hour and heard him squirming in the bassenette. Crazy. I was able to get a 4 hour and 5 hour block of sleep. It was great. Not sure how long this will last but, it was nice. Anyway, well, I must get back to my little peanuts. I will try to keep a daily update, but we shall see now that John is home and Cate is starting to get more clingy. Thanks again everyone for all your prayers and thoughts. I know for a fact that they were all heard and answered!!

2 comments:

Anna said...

Congratulations on the homecoming and your super-sleeper!

The Campbell's said...

well, last night was a different story about sleeping. I think he wanted to give us one easy night.