Thursday, March 18, 2010

John John our little leprechaun


Our little boy is finally here. John Benoni Campbell was born yesterday March 17th at 8:08 am. What a wail he gave to let us know he was fiesty. He is absolutely beautiful!!! I am bias what can I say. He weighed in at 7 lbs 7oz and was 20.5 inches long. Miss Catie-bug came to see him yesterday afternoon and started to freak out when she saw me la. ying in bed, with an IV and compression booties on my calves. I quickly tolder her I was ok and that we had a present. Her eyes got big and she said "present?". I said yes, that we have a new baby. She looked at Johnny and was so precious. She said "ohhhhh, cute." we knew she was in love with him. She immediately wanted to hold him. She snuggled on my bed with him and patted his belly. When he was in the bassinette, she kept saying "me go see" and would walk over to him and say "ma, see Johnny." Can I tell you, the two of them are just so precious; what wonderful blessings.
Barrie and Catie left about 6pm; both were falling asleep very fast. At about 930pmish, my nurse took little John to the nursery so I could get a few hours of sleep. About 20 minutes later, just a I started to doze, his nursery nurse came in and said he was having trouble and was going down to the NICU. I instantly lost it. She said that he was doing good for the first 10 minutes then started getting blue around the mouth. His oxygen sats started to drop into the 70/80's - not good. His temperature started to also to drop. Barrie came back in, with his brother staying at our house to let Catie sleep. I ran down to the NICU (well, not actually ran....more like walked with caution so I wouldn't hurt my incision.) They did a chest xray which showed he had some fluid in his lungs which is very common with Csection babies. He was given some antibiotics, fluid to bring his sugar level up, and put on oxygen to help fight the fluid.Jeremy, our wonderful home teacher, came and gave both the baby and me a blessing of healing, health and comfort. We are just truely blessed to have him and Emlyn in our lives!!
I didn't sleep very well - ok so I didnt sleep. I went down to see Johnny at about 445am and he was doing about the same. They are going to do another chest xray this a.m. to see if the antibiotic worked / get a game plan on how long he will be there so on and so forth.
We have been blessed tremendously with him though. He is otherwise very health, and just so beautiful, so perfect. I'll keep everyone posted as the day(s) go on :)

2 comments:

beth said...

Congratulations on a beautiful boy! Everything is going to wok out. :)

Emlyn said...

We love you!