Thursday, March 18, 2010

NICU update


Well, little Johnny is holding his own. I talked to the NICU doctor. He said that they are going to watch him for a while, and continue with antibiotics for 3 days (maybe more). Right now he is living under an oxygen hood. It delivers more oxygen to him than a nasal cannula. If he keeps his saturation level up with the hood, then they will back him off to the cannula again. Dr LaPine reassured me that this is very common with c-section babies. His chest x-ray this morning looked the same as last night, so the fact that it hasn't gotten worse is good. He is a little trooper. While I was sitting with him this morning, he was holding my finger the whole time. I didn't want to leave him, but I was starting to hurt and needed to go rest. The NICU came up to my room a few minutes ago. They are going to put an arterial line in Johnny's belly button to look at this oxygen levels in his blood. He is still breathing too many breaths per minute. Dr LaPine will be back when the procedure is done and let me know how things are.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

You are all in my prayers and thoughts. It is all going to be fine and you will be watched over. We love you.

Anna said...

What a cute little guy. We are praying for you guys!